Sunday, May 18, 2008

Teething

About 85% of the time, it doesn't bother me that I don't have upper teeth. I'm three months into the 6-8 months that the oral surgeon wants me to wait before getting the plug-in appliance, and I'm okay with that. Occasionally, when I'm thinking it'd be nice to have a burger at a restaurant, I have to figure out how I'm going to eat it -- usually, I can, but not always. And some things, like potato chips, are just more trouble than they're worth. Ditto Twizzlers, and stuff like that. I'm willing to do without the interim fake teeth, because he said that the longer I go without them, the better the chances of success. It could be that he's smoking me, but maybe not. I'm willing to wait.

But when I bake bread, and I can't eat it because the crust is crisp -- that fries me.