Thursday, May 22, 2008

Just Because

This afternoon, I learned some things.

I learned that just because there's usually a rush at McDonalds (a local chain that sells Hamburgers) at 5PM, which is when we were there, does not necessarily mean that when you lay your money down, they'll have any. "Oh, we just ran out...but we're making more, they'll be ready in a minute, Next?" They weren't.

I learned that just because my daughter said she absolutely knew when Color Guard practice was did not necessarily mean that she actually did.... and when she said that she absolutely knew the phone number of the girl we were supposed to pick up, that did not necessarily mean her home phone...and her cell phone was off.

I learned that just because a salt shaker top, as seen on a website, looks just like the unfortunately-corroded ones that you have had on your elegant crystal shakers since getting married does not necessarily mean that it will fit your crystal shakers. One less ridge inside, doncha know.

I learned that just because your daughter's color guard sessions usually run to at least the designated time, and frequently later, sometimes substantially later, does not necessarily mean that on a night when things are already chaotic they will not end early. Just as your pizza arrives.

I do believe I'm ready to be through learning, today. Kthxbye.

No comments: