Monday, May 12, 2008

Recipes and Plans

I tried making Pots de Creme tonight. It's supposed to come out as a pretty intense chocolate pudding. It actually came out as a thin, watery chocolate soup. What? I asked myself. Okay, granted, I had a bad feeling about it, once I realized that it used that bain marie technique that worked oh so well for me the last time -- but still, I tried it. Looked at it, touched it. Not at all firm, except just a hair around the edges. Went out, came back around two hours later. Still nothing. Looked at other PDC recipes. They all use that damn technique, too. But what's this? They refrigerate it after cooking? Then why didn't my -- oh. It does.

So we'll see.

And I found this in the Google news scoop:

SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) - Hewlett-Packard Co. and Electronic Data Systems Corp. confirmed Monday that they are in "advanced discussions" that could result in H-P acquiring the technology services giant and creating a more-formidable competitor to IBM Corp.

Which is kind of a good news/bad news thing. Good news is, EDS's stock popped right the hell up by about a quarter. Bad news is, companies that buy other companies like to trim staff. Course, they've done a lot of that at EDS, but they're still doing it, every so often. And the plan is that my wife will work there for at least another four years. You hear that, guys? Thats the plan!

I dropped a note to a vendor, reminding them that I'm still interested in working for them. Thought that might be a good idea....

No comments: