Monday, May 19, 2008

Driving Need

One of the things that I've wanted to do for quite some time is arrange for my daughter to take an actual driving course, once she knows the basics. By that, I mean a course that will teach her how to handle panic stops, being in an accident, skids, driving in heavy rain, handling idiots on the road, the whole bit. I looked into courses that would teach that, and all I could find was a) about fifty in California, b) one in Colorado, and c) zip anywhere around here.

So I was delighted to read this article via the Weary Parent blog about Fords Driving Skills for Life program, and, along the way, about a woman named Sue Cischke, who works for Ford as their Vice-President of Sustainability, Environment and Safety Engineering. She sounds like quite the sharp cookie, and just reading about her in that article made me think well of the company. And the program.

No comments: