Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Snaky

Its the middle of the night, and I'm awake. But I have my snake light -- a little LED that plugs into one of the USB ports. I was trying to type the other day and could NOT see the keyboard, when suddenly I thought of my daughter's GameBoy, for which she HAD to have a snake light, once (does she use it? Does she even know where it is, or even MIGHT be?), and I thought Aha, I have one of those...works pretty well.

Around 830, I got really sleepy. I crashed, with the result that at 10, I was wide awake. Didn't help that the room was warm, and my feet were really warm (they do that; one of the nice things about our marriage is that my wife's feet get cold; sometimes in the middle of the night, I'll warm her feet, or she'll cool mine down). I finally got up, had something to drink, ate a couple of Ritz crackers, and came back to bed. The room's cool, too, which helps.

Now I've been websurfing for about an hour, and I'm starting to get a little sleepy.

So let's see....

1 comment:

Rose said...

Thanks for stopping by my site! Yeah, I think my mom missed singing to me when I hit 14 too. I think she did it one more time after that. (hence, the "corny, mom" feeling) She's no longer with me, so ALL those memories are precious and beautiful.

I miss my mom singing to me, too.

Long after any teen-angst and walking her down the isle someday, she is going to remember those precious moments of you singing to her and her heart will smile.