Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Cheesy

I just had a weird craving.

Here's the deal. I was just, um, sick, for reasons that I don't understand, but likely due to the aforementioned insulin. NBD; as I said to my wife, college guys do this all the time. To which she replied 'After drinking excessively, yes; you don't drink at all." And after a moment "Nor do you have sex with underage girls, and no, you can't start." She's really picking up on the response time, I've noticed.

So I thought I would stay up for a while, and do some surfing. I came across a cartoon showing a guy getting a pizza delivery. Normally, when I think of pizza, I think of great pizza, the ones that you order up when you're hungry and in the mood, with all of the toppings you like (for me: well-cooked pepperoni, possibly little bits of pineapple, or olives, or sausage; possibly extra cheese; thin crust). What I actually thought of, longingly, was the semi-cold semi-cardboard pizza that used to be delivered from the roach coach when I worked a late night shift on the Air Force flightline. How bad was it? The cardboard was better (speaking as someone who would occasionally peel off pieces of the cheese from the backing, and have the paper come with it).

Weird, what passes for nostalgia, sometimes....

No comments: