Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Busy

Much went on today. Most notably, my daughter and her friend painted my daughter's room, and I must say that they did a decent job of it. I'm a little surprised by that. The room which was a bright yellow is now a powder blue, which has my daughter a little glum, as she's not all that sure, now, that she really likes this color. I have steadfastly refrained from making any of the obvious comments to her. And this evening, we went out to dinner with two friends from my prior job. We've never done that before. We did go on occasion to 'event' dinners, such as Christmas, where multiple people came, but this was the first time that we just got together with people we worked with. I think it went pretty well. The daughter of one woman was a little left out of the conversations, and the college-age daughter of the other was bored, most of the time (I did ask her about her work, and that was an interesting conversation, but after that she dropped pretty quickly into the bored mode again). All in all, I'm glad we did not. Not sure if we'd do it again, but maybe...

2 comments:

Rach said...

With the right accents, powder blue can be a really pretty colour for bedroom walls. Maybe some new toss pillows or even framed 'whatever teens like' in a nice contrast colour, will help her like it alot more.

Cerulean Bill said...

We're betting that once the furniture is substantially back, she'll like it. I saw the room of a neighbors daughter the other day -- wall to wall taped up pictures. I'm hoping that isn't in our future.