Monday, July 09, 2007

Baking

If you find a bunch of batter, four boxes of Jello gelatin, and assorted spoons, measuring cups, bowls, eggs, and so forth littering the kitchen, you know that only one thing could have happened: my daughter found another ever-so-wonderful recipe in one of her magazines. American Girl Magazine has much to answer for.

In this case, you take white cake batter, pour a cup into each of four bowls, mix each bowl with a tablespoon of differently colored Jello, and bake each cake. Then, after they cool, you stack them, putting frosting between each, as well as on top, for a multi-colored cake. The first two are cooling now, and then it'll be time for the second pair. When we do stuff like this (and I insisted that she do most of it, though I did the egg-separating), I just use a cake mix. I'm not a purist!

I got a response to my letter to the local federal senator about how the removal of habeus corpus was a sleazy thing to do. My response was, so far as I could tell, canned, but heck, I Participated In The Process.

4 comments:

African Kelli said...

I am officially requesting a photo and review of the cake! And bravo for the participation in the process.

Cerulean Bill said...

Let me tell you, my globe-trotting friend, how well it went:

Tomorrow I am making some cake batter from scratch. And we will see what happens.

G said...

bill!
thanks for the comment on my blog!
about the rss feed -- i'll file a complaint (which will be ignored for several weeks), but give it a couple days b/c it may kick in on its own. i've had similar problems and they seem to sort themselves out.
let me know if it persists and i'll pursue it. only seven people on the planet have ever read my blog, so i want to make sure you keep reading :-)
- g

Expatriate Games

Cerulean Bill said...

I certainly will.