Thursday, July 26, 2007

Somewhat of a Foodie

The Coconut Rice went pretty well; next time, I had said, we might use River Rice (which isn't quick-rice like the Minute Rice), but as I came across the rice they mentioned in the recipe, Jasmine, I bought some and we'll try that. I don't know if thats 'special' rice, or just the people who sponsored the recipe.

And tonight we're trying one of the four recipes for Strawberry Soup that I have. Years ago, a restaurant called the Ground Round would sell basic burger - type food, and in the summer they'd have Strawberry Soup, which was excellent. They folded, and I could not find the recipe. So, this is in the way of an experiment. Here's the recipe we'll be trying tonight:

Strawberry Soup

Ingredients
2 pints pureed strawberries
3 ounces heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon lemon juice
3/4 ounce Amaretto Liqueur

Mix all ingredients and serve chilled

1 comment:

Cerulean Bill said...

The soup was okay, not great. We thought it needed at least half more of the actual strawberries, and the Amaretto didn't really add anything. Also, I'd pureed the strawberries; we now think a little pulp would have been good.