Friday, July 06, 2007

Friday

Hmm...slow week/month for comments. Must be summer.

I was reading a web site that I like, called Violent Acres. This is a Woman With Issues. She's usually got something interesting so say, and she gets, apparently, thousands of hits a day. She's also pretty crude in her language. That never used to bother me, but it does, now. Not sure why.

It amazes me that its been five weeks since I last worked. You can really get into not-working very easily. When I took the year off, the time just flew by. I attributed it to events -- my mother was ill, we were having work done on the house -- but now I think that a big contributor was not having specific and recurring things to do, which apparently provide 'mile markers' for your life. They give you something to look forward to, and a sense of accomplishment when they're done. Since we said that one of my primary goals is going to be taking on substantially more of the house maintenance, last night I cooked dinner, start to finish, and today I'm going to the store for groceries. My plan for the weeks to come is that I'll continue doing that; in addition, I'll cook at least three meals a week, trying to get a new recipe in every couple of weeks; I'll clean the house (well, to guy standards, but my wife says thats okay) once a week, and I'll change the sheets on the beds once a week. As the cleaning involves vacuuming, we're referring to that as Suck It Up Wednesday, and the other will be Messy Bed Thursday. I considered referring to the food as What The Hell Is This? , but decided that might be a little tacky.

2 comments:

Rach said...

heehee .. love the food one.

Well, I can't think of any better time to be unemployed, then summer time.

Cerulean Bill said...

Oh, yeah. With the severance package, I told people IBM was paying me to go work on my tan!