Sunday, July 08, 2007

Drilling and Blasting

Next week, I get to visit with the oral surgeon to make plans to have the bone graft done so as to provide the under-structure for my dental implant. I'm guessing the actual graft surgery will be done about two weeks after that, putting it around the end of the month. I have to be sure that it doesn't come right before the vacation that we're taking, first full week of August. Then I get to wait about four months to see if the graft 'takes'. If it does, then we schedule the first of two sessions to do the implants themselves, which I'm guessing will take about three months, and then about a four month delay for them to heal. So, if I am fortunate, by the early part of next year, I'll have the implants in. Thats not the end of the song -- there's still the attachment of the 'track' that gets screwed into the implants, and then afterward, the actual dental appliance which clips onto the 'track', and is removable -- but its the dicey part.

At some point, whether all of that works or not, I get to look into having another implant done, not as wide ranging, but also involving a graft, in a different part of my mouth. Oh, boy. Do I know how to have fun, or what?

1 comment:

Rach said...

Oy! Sounds like a long process, but I bet this time next year you'll be posting about how awsome your mouth is feeling. Can't say I envy you tho. Yikes!