Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Wrappee

When my daughter was younger, people would see me playing with her and occasionally remark that she had me wrapped around her little finger, to which I would usually reply that doing so was her job, and she was damn good at it. There might have been a speck of truth in their comments, but the underlying fact was that I delighted in being with my daughter, and, of course, playing with her Barbies.

Today, I picked her up from the summer camp, and she asked, dramatically, if we could puh-leez get some ice cream because she was very hot! The bus, you see, had had them sitting three to a seat for the ten minute ride from the park to the school, and its not an air-conditioned bus. I said sure.

So I guess she's still doin' that job, hey?

2 comments:

Rach said...

Yep, I guess she is .. but as my dh says "daughters are supposed to have their daddy's wrapped around their little finger". It's just a daddy/daughter thing.

Cerulean Bill said...

I try to make sure that my judgement doesn't get too skewed by that. I'm not always successful!