Friday, July 06, 2007

Bloggin'

From The Wrong Advices --

What I’m trying to get at is blogging is not simply about writing a few paragraphs and posting it on your site. It’s more of a commitment than most people realise, and that’s why so many blogs fail. Blogging requires patience, dedication, and a willingness to engage with the blogging community. Disregarding the quality and subject of content, the difference between a blog that gets read and one that doesn’t is the effort a person puts in outside of their blog.

Disregarding quality and content?

6 comments:

Rach said...

and basically they're saying it's a popularity game, I believe. lol

Cerulean Bill said...

Yep. Good thing I have LOTS of experience being unpopular, hmmm?

Rach said...

perhaps .. but you do write about enough interesting things to keep me coming back. :)

Cerulean Bill said...

A lot of things interest me. I like to have what I once heard described as a 'deep conceptual awareness' about them. I suspect part of that is simple curiousity, and part is intellectual laziness.

But I am seriously glad you still like it.

Angie said...

It is interesting that they believe what the author does outside the blog is so crucial to the success of the blog. Somewhat counter-intuitive. Thanks for sharing.

Cerulean Bill said...

I gather from that post that the author thinks 'you can write whatever you want, but if you want people to find you, you have to go out and round them up'. In a way, it makes sense. I'm just not that gregarious a person.