Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Eating Out

Tonight, we got to eat out. That wasn't actually the plan.

The plan was that I would bring my daughter to her color guard practice at 4:30, and retrieve her at 6:30; meanwhile, my wife would go get a haircut. As she was leaving, she offered to just kill half an hour reading and then retrieve the daughteroid, which I accepted, figuring that I'd start dinner around the time that she was doing the pickup. At about 6:15, the offspring called to say that the practice had been extended to 7:30, and oh by the way, would I bring her her practice rifle? Fortunately, the school's not too far away, so I loaded it into the van and went off. When I got there, I saw my wife, sitting in the grass near her car. I clued her in, and we decided that we'd just go out, rather than go back home, make dinner, and then have one of us dash back.

The place we went to is pretty new around here, though it's been in the Washington DC and points south area for a while. It's called Five Guys Famous Hamburgers. I must say, they're pretty good. The burgers on the menu are regular and small, only, as it turns out, the 'regular' means two burgers in one bun. Same thing with the fries; we got a large, thinking they'd be these dinky little string fries, and what they were was quite a bit larger than that, so we ended up with almost all of them left. Its probably an indicator of what a Burg this area is to note that this restaurant opening up is a Good Deal, but what the heck: it is. I like it. About the only thing wrong with it is their location -- fairly small parking lot -- but thats about it. I think we'll be back.

No comments: