Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Cruisin'

So, here's the deal.

Its been seven weeks since I last worked. I've been active (busy seems a bit of an overstatement), running errands, bringing my daughter to events, my mother to appointments. Doing stuff around the house, cooking, cleaning. This is good. Not earning a buck for it, but still, this is good.

I've been on a mailing list for job offers at my former employer, for whom I still have a warm feeling even though they kicked me out. Today, I got a note from one of their recruiters: hey, we think you might be a match for a job opening we have, doing technical support for sales staff. It'd mean traveling about half the time.

And my first reaction? Wah! I don't wanna give up this casual life!

Some people are never satisfied. So I did what I always do when I'm confuzzed -- I asked my wife, from whence conversation emerged the new doctrine. To wit: I don't have to work at all, but if I want to look, its okay for me to limit it to jobs that sound interesting. I can ignore ones that I could do, but which don't sound interesting to me. Said doctrine subject to revision as needed, but still: is she great, or what?

No comments: