Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Looking Up

Well, the ceiling's done. My daughter worked vigorously on it this morning, and this afternoon I applied a second coat. She also dropped the white of the ceiling down about two inches onto the wall -- an effect she'd seen on a design program. Sounds okay to me.

Next step: painting the walls. She and her friend will spend about three hours doing that this coming Tuesday. I really hope we don't end up with a lot of blue paint on her yellow carpet! I also hope, in passing, that she doesn't speculate on what, exactly, those jacks in the corner of her room are for. When we first got a PC, that was going to be the 'pc room', and we ran cabling for the phone and television to it. Were she to discover that she has both a cable tv jack and a phone jack right next to her bed... the consequences boggle the mind.

2 comments:

Angie said...

What about covering the carpet? And the mysterious jack? :)

Cerulean Bill said...

We don't have enough dropcloth to cover both the furniture and the carpet, so we just moved it around as needed. As for the jack -- well, that would have been an option, I guess, but my daughter has already preempted it. She even said she would take it instead of a cell phone -- bypassing the fact that we didn't say she could have one of those, either!