Thursday, November 23, 2006

Various Things

A grandmother blew herself up in the Gaza strip, and its just another normal day in that part of the world. Argh. I understand -- well, I think I understand -- why its virtually impossible for either side, or any side, in this kind of conflict to stand fast and not be provoked by events like that (not to mention, events like the shelling that preceded it). But what do you do when apparently anyone can take that kind of destabilizing action? Is there a threshold where, before it, you won't react, and after it you will? And if so, how much? Kind of like saying how many innocent people are you willing to imprision to be sure you get some percentage of the guilty ones. I'm sure theres a cute sociological name for the concept, but I don't know it.

I read over the weekend that things are calm in Mogadishu. Apparently a stern Islamic government is in control, and they cut no one any slack. The people aren't happy.... but they aren't dying, either.

=================
Long drive tomorrow. Long drive on Sunday. Between, though, a rehearsal, a wedding, a reception, and I hope time in the hotel pool. My shoulder hurts, a little. Some stretching and exercise would be a good thing.

=================

Today I went from not even knowing the concept of a Bluetooth personal area network to concluding that it was a dream that developers have, with no apparent value in the real world. Personal Area Network, yeah. Bluetooth, yeah. Together? Can't see it.

No comments: