Friday, November 10, 2006

Bose Woes

Why are Bose audio devices so expensive?

I know, I know - - superior engineering, fine design, plus not really, when you compare them to the cost of a new space shuttle -- but man... I'd like to get some of their stuff, but there is just no way I'll pay $350 for noise cancelling headsets, or $500 for a cd player and stereo, I don't care how good it sounds.

Course, I am the guy who ran a stereo with just one speaker for a year and thought it sounded okay....

2 comments:

genderist said...

Because they really are that fantastic... you can listen to ours if you like!

Cerulean Bill said...

I know they're good -- I listened to a friend's Bose radio about five years ago, and was amazed by the quality of the sound. Its just that excellent sound isn't that big a deal to me. If it cost half to two third what it does, I'd consider it -- or if I spent a lot of time at home, and therefore a lot of time with music on -- but until then, it's just not worth it to me.

My wife and I talked about money today. Nothing heavy duty, more like checking in to see how we both felt. The phrase we came up with, that we think speaks of both of our attitudes, is that we can afford very nice things, we just choose not to get them. We don't stint; we just don't splurge. And to me, a Bose feels like a splurge.

Sorry, Amar.