Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Getting Letters

After I saw that image of Rick Santorum's child crying on the stage when he was conceding, I wrote to him to say that while I wasn't a supporter, I regretted how he was shown, and that I hoped he would succeed in future endeavours.

This is what I got back:

Thank you for contacting me. As always, I appreciate hearing from you. As you may know, the United States Senate is currently in a period of transition. Accordingly, your concerns may be better met by contacting your new Senator, Bob Casey, Jr. You may call the Capitol Switchboard for Senator Casey's contact information at 202-224-3121. I also recommend that you contact Senator Arlen Specter or your Representative in the House.
Thank you again for contacting me.
Sincerely, Rick Santorum United States Senate


No thanks for the sentiment, no thanks for not sliming my daughter, nothing.
Is it just me, or is that a little cold?

2 comments:

Angie said...

As someone who emails her congressmen more frequently than they might wish--after all, I'm rarely sending them thanks or compliments--I have come to the inevitable conclusion that no one reads the emails we send. Sad, huh?

If I'd sent a similarly tender message to the less favorite of my congressmen, I would be likely to get more than one reply back--each with the disclaimer that I might get multiple replies due to a vendor issue. How long has this vendor issue persisted? Over two years.

Arg.

Cerulean Bill said...

Not sure I'd say I sent them a tender message, but it wasn't nasty. Perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned I wasn't a supporter.

I have heard that many of our fine elected reps treat email like spam. If its real, it'd better be on paper, is their attitude.