Sunday, November 19, 2006

Charting

One of the things that I've been doing, in trying to improve my blood sugar numbers, is keeping a spreadsheet. Its got multiple columns -- two for breakfast, depending on whether I ate during the night or not, two for before and after lunch, and two for before and after dinner. I track what I had for dinner, and if I took any insulin -- actually, which and how much; I always take it.

I just decided to turn that into a chart, because a visual representation is easier for me to understand. Also, as it turns out, because I can easily skip over the bad numbers on a spreadsheet, but its harder to do that on the chart. The conclusion? I'm not doing very well. I thought I was, but the chart makes it clear that there is a lot of room for improvement.

This is not a good thing, but knowing is. I have to keep tellling myself that. That, and reminding myself to always write down what the numbers are. One of my unwritten mottos is that the numbers do not get better just because I 'neglected' to record what they were.

No comments: