Monday, November 13, 2006

Deep Blue Funks

When I get into a deep blue -- one might say, cerulean -- funk, much like I was in today, when I feel actively stupid, and angry with myself for being such a -- well, only a couple of things have a chance of making me feel better.

One is eating, usually something that makes noise -- that is, eating ice cream, or a sandwich, isn't going to do the trick, but something crunchy, like those chocolate chip cookies I made the other night, or stick pretzels, much like the bag of which I have next to me now, will usually work. Or losing myself in a novel -- one where the hero is usually forthright and clearheaded, much like myself/not; for example, the Vorkosigan novels, or the Star Trek novels. Nothing dense, nothing I have to think about. Just something where I can imagine, fake myself out, that I'm that person -- not the dumb one I feel like.

What I would like to do is learn how to induce this state of, I don't know, not angry at myself, not tense, not stressed - ness? , without the use of food, and without books, either. A little touch-reset button, right behind my ear -- that would be nice.

3 comments:

Sweeti said...

yeah it would be huh, but for now it's pistachio nuts for me.

Rach said...

Yeah I hear ya. It definetly would be nice to have a reset button at times. HOpe you're feeling better today.

Cerulean Bill said...

Yes, but I'd really like that reset button. Something that dumps, say, a liter of Valium into my bloodstream -- theres the ticket!