Monday, November 06, 2006

(Insert Pithy Sports - Oriented Metaphor Here)

You know -- 'down to the wire', 'gut check time', 'its all up to you'...those metaphors.

The thing is, if you're eligible to vote, it really IS all up to you.

Please. Remember to vote.

If you support the Democratic thinking, or you're opposed to how the Republicans have handled things, please vote.

If you're a Republican,
of course you can vote for that side... but I think that if you think about what you value, you'll vote Democratic. Lately, the Democrats are promoting more of the core Republican values - fiscal prudence, limiting the size of government, personal responsibility - than the Republican office-holders themselves.

But either way: Vote.

If how your country is run matters to you, vote.

If what your country stands for matters to you, vote.

It's the only chance you'll likely get to make a difference.


Thank you.

2 comments:

genderist said...

And! If you vote, you get to wear one of those (I did my civic duty!) "I VOTED!" stickers!

Cerulean Bill said...

Only at the places that have them. Personally, I think they are a marvelous idea....but we don't have that.

But, what the heck, I was in the vicinity, so I voted. And I even voted for a Republican. Like I was telling my daughter this evening, Republicans are not inherently wrong, inherently stupid, or inherently bad. I wanted her to know that.

Course, all the OTHER picks were blue...