Friday, November 10, 2006

Purchasing

Christmas is coming, which means I want to buy Stuff. Hopefully not $tuff, but maybe... We make a run to a major shopping mall once a year, right around now; as it happens, we're going to travel up to Connectidots the day after Thanksgiving, which is when we normally do the mall haul. On the other hand, there are a lot of cute little stores up near Mystic, which is where we will be.

One gadget that I saw and liked is a combination Swiss Army Knife and 1GB USB memory stick. USB memsticks are popping up everywhere; many are useful, some (like the one embedded in a Barbie doll; you rip off the head to use it) are bizarre. I like this one, and its not really expensive. It would not have occurred to me, did not I get a free one a bit ago which was immediately glommed onto by my daughter.

I'd like to get a portable music player. MP3, I think; not CDs (too big), and probably not cassette (though, maybe). USB compatible would be nice. Doesn't have to be tiny, but less-than-pocket sized. Say, about $200 or so.

I saw some red silk pajamas that look good for my wife, did she not already have a pair, but they do have other colors. Course, she also likes warm and fuzzy ones. If I go this route, I have to be sure it fits, and it really, really has to be of good quality. Maybe a camisole? Not Vickie's Secret, though... too mass market.

And, of course, there's always chocolate covered pretzels. Crate and Barrel always sells that, and now Red Envelope does, too. I don't usually buy it, though -- too easy to spend too much for a very transient pleasure - but at the moment food is on my mind: I'm baking choc chip cookies, using a new dark chocolate (Nestle's Chocolatier). Not at all bad.

2 comments:

Ify Okoye said...

I got my 1GB USB hard drive awhile ago and am loving it. It's so small, much smaller than my old 64MB and 128MB ones and great for quickly transferring my large files between my computers. Check out CompUsa they usually have some good deals and rebates.

As for the mp3, I've had several and Archos makes the best players and they are the most innovative. The iPod is a close second. Dell's discontinued line was a joke.

Cerulean Bill said...

Thank you -- that's good information!