Saturday, November 11, 2006

Carping

I know that radio and other media don't go for the quiet, understated commentors; they like people who'll mix it up, a little bit. I do know this.

Nevertheless, when I heard a woman on NPR this afternoon mention that as a conservative she was feeling a bit glum at the moment, and the guy she was talking to chortled (there is no better word) that at least she still had the presidency; wait two years so that she could experience the full taste of being out of power, I grew just a bit hot under the collar.

Please tell me that this was a fluke, and that the idiots haven't already assuming they'll be in office for decades to come. Please tell me that. Because that kind of mindless , stupid comment just begs for the owner to be kicked out of office.

Think, you people. Focus. Plan. Deliver. Get elected when there isn't a war on, orchestrated by a dim President. Do that, and then you can carp. But until then: keep a lid on it!

No comments: