Friday, November 03, 2006

Odd Results

I went off to therapy tonight in a pleased mood, because I was sure that I'd be at least in the ball park of where I used to be, rotational-measurement-wise. Umm...no. The measurement at the end was just about where it was last week, when I was at a low point. And yet I'm still pleased.

The reason: my arm doesn't hurt, after doing all of the exercises. I can lift it and move it without thinking about it -- no twinges, no aches. Well, very few. I think that taking the time off, not pushing it, was a good thing. And, as a side effect, I learned a couple of useful stretches. One, I flat couldn't do, for a funny reason -- it involves facing into a corner, putting your hands flat on the walls (out to each side), and leaning forward. My hand just would not lay flat -- it kept skidding down! But once I did a variant of the stretch, leaning on a door frame and doing a sort of push-up, using the weight of my body to put stress on my upper arms, it worked just fine. I could feel the stretch, but it didn't hurt. Plus, I did a couple of the exercises that tend to leave me with a bit of an ache, and they didn't. My arm felt just fine. I did skip the weights, though.

So I'm pleased. Can't reach as high as I could, but I believe it's coming.

3 comments:

genderist said...

Yay!

Cerulean Bill said...

Thank you, G. That's how I feel, too.

Rach said...

WooT! You deserve a BIG pat on the back. :D Just don't go doing that yourself .. you may displace something. hee!