Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Foggy Day

This has been a foggy day, in multiple ways.

We all got up late -- around 7, which is when we normally finish breakfast. I staggered outside, checked the time, woke up the daughter and found out what she wanted for breakfast, and got her going. My wife woke about ten minutes later, and we had a minimal breakfast. The drive up to the highway was very slow due, I think, to the dense fog that blanketed the area. That turned a ten minute drive into about a thirty minute one. The first part of the highway was uneventful, then I encountered a massive backup on the highway due to a traffic accident, and exacerbated by the fog. After about twenty minutes, I was able to get off the highway, got lost in some side streets, and finally got to the office about twenty minutes later. That was about nine thirty, so it took me a little over an hour to get in for whats normally a twenty five minute commute. I got into the office, and immediate heard people laughing and telling jokes, which normally doesn't bother me, but when I'm having a bad day, its like nails on a blackboard. So I grabbed the laptop and came home.

Now I'm sitting in the big chair in the living room, working wirelessly. Its quiet. This is much nicer!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your quite work at home day. I'd rather be penned up inside too .. the weather is rather nasty here as well.

Cerulean Bill said...

Well, Rach, if I'm not using it, you're welcome to use the chair. And since we're thinking of replacing it, we'll gladly send it up to you. You will pay shipping and such, right? (g)