Sunday, November 05, 2006

Silk Ilk

I've never worn a tuxedo, but I'd like to.

I was thinking idly about that while doing an image search on, what else, Google. That bit of funniness I posted a little while ago mentioned a 'red silk blouse', and I thought 'gee, my wife would look good in that'. She looks good in red, and she looks good in silk, so it seems like a natural match. I was just poking around -- I didn't expect to find anything, and I didn't (okay, there was a silk stole from India that looked nice, but until you can actually touch it, its not something I'm going to fork out money for) -- but while I was looking, I came across an image of a guy wearing a tux with a red silk cummerbund.

Now, there is absolutely no way I would look anywhere close to this guy. I mean: No way. But still, the image intruiged me -- starched shirt, dark tie, red silk cummerbund, dinner jacket. And glossy black patent leather shoes, I would imagine, too.

It'd take a lot more than this to make me appear debonair, but I think it'd be fun, anyway.

6 comments:

Narie said...

I've often seen these beautiful long gowns in various clothing stores. Gorgeous stuff and would also just love to wear one somewhere. I imagine there is a function somewhere in this city that would require one, but I don't think my checkbook could handle it!

Rach said...

The closest I ever came to wearing anything stunningly gorgeous was on my wedding day. Same with my dh .. he wore a tux, but like Narie, if I want to wear anything remotely like that again I know I'd be forking out much to much money to attend the ball.

So Bill .. what did YOU wear on your wedding day, if you haven't worn a tux? Inquiring minds would like to know. :)

Cerulean Bill said...

A dark grey suit. The same suit, and one of the ties, that I then wore for the next ten years or so, until my company went to casual attire all the time.

Oh, yes -- and a very big smile.

Unknown said...

:) I do not know anyone who would want to wear a tuxedo just for fun! Hehe.

Cerulean Bill said...

You don't think that lounging about in a tux, perhaps wearing it to take out the trash or clean the kitchen, would be delightful?

Well... okay.

But if I ever DO wear one, I'll see if I can get a picture in here of the event. Everyone needs a funny picture once in a while!

Sweeti said...

Now that we got you talking pictures, Uhemmmm, (Mr. I can't wait to get my camera)Where's the pictures? I know you must be taking some of something...On second thought...how about some of your landscape of your area.