Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Todays Activities

I spent a fair amount of time today sliming Dell Computers. That isn't over. There's a faint possibility that they will do the right thing. Note that I say faint.

I did a little bit of reading in applications for artificial intelligence. I want to know more than I do now. Just the little bit I read surprised me with how widely implemented the concepts are - and the stuff I'm reading is easily two or three years old. I realized a while back that I tend to get locked into a HAL9000 mindset when I think 'artificial intelligence' -- which is why I am trying to think of the field as 'simulated intelligence'. The tools and how they're implemented aren't Space Odyssey stuff. Heck, they can't even open the pod-bay doors.

I showed some self control at lunch and did not wolf down all of the leftover Cranberry Salad. It's quite good. Recipe, you say?



No comments: