Thursday, April 09, 2009

Darned Cat

My daughter had a severe headache yesterday. She's been having them off and on, but this was the first one where she said she had a brief loss of vision. We brought her over to the local doc for an exam. The conclusion was that it's probably nothing, as her neuro exam was unremarkable, but because 'loss of vision' and 'headache' are trigger phrases, she's going to get a CAT scan this morning (a new imaging center just opened up about ten minutes from us). She's excited -- she's wondered what a CAT scan is like ever since I had one. Me, I'm less than thrilled = but glad that we didn't have to wait.

3 comments:

Tabor said...

Important test. I am wondering if her hormones are not starting the series of migraines that many women get. Not fun but can be helped with medication.

Cerulean Bill said...

Don't know. My wife said that both she and one of her sisters got mild migraines (if there is such a thing). I watched the imaging, which was interesting. Didn't see anything, though. Well, I DID, but I'm telling myself That Didn't Mean Anything.

Cerulean Bill said...

We just got the results. She's okay. Which is of course too bad -- it means we have to keep her, now. Damn. I wanted to trade her in on a puppy.