Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Child Care

I had told the wife of the guy who is in legal trouble (Legal trouble - what a nice way to say 'you're likely going to jail') that if she needed anything, to give me a call. Yesterday, she did - dropped me a line to say that they had an appointment this afternoon, and so might not be home in time to pick up their son from the school bus; would I do it, bringing him about three blocks away to a friend's house? I said yes, because it's no big deal - but here's where it gets interesting.

Remember what the husband is in legal trouble for. When I replied to her email, I copied my wife, and later I told her that I wanted the woman to know that my wife knew I would have charge of this kid, and would be alone with him for a while -- and the woman responded to say great, she had told another woman, who is always at the bus stop, that I'd be doing that. Why? Well, I'm not sure, but perhaps she wanted to have someone else know that I would have charge of the kid, and be alone with him for a while, too.

Paranoia, huh? But perhaps, in this case, just a little justified.....

No comments: