Thursday, April 16, 2009

Sucker

If you're a kid selling something, stay away from my home, because I'm a sucker for kids selling things.

Two kids just came to the door offering to mow our lawn for twenty bucks a shot. They looked pretty beat. These same kids had come to the house about four months ago offering to shovel snow for us. Both times, I told them we didn't need them, and asked how business was. Both times, they said it was pretty bad. And both times, I gave them money just for making the effort.

My daughter says she knew I would do that. When I asked why, she said 'You always stop whenever you see a kid selling lemonade.'

Yup. I'm a sucker.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm such a sucker for lemonade stands. I always stop and always give them more than what they are asking for. Looks like we are in the same boat.

Cerulean Bill said...

I'll row, you steer.