Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Slam

The neighbor who'd had sex with an underage girl has been sentenced.

The good news is, he got 56 letters of support -- we sent one of them -- and got the minimum possible sentence.

The bad news is, the minimum sentence is five years in jail and lifetime inclusion on the Sex Offender registry.

==============

Update:

I read the local news article about his sentencing. Apparently, it was pretty emotional, with members of the girl's family there shouting that he was scum, and him being startled to find what the sentence was. I feel badly for him. On the other hand, I learned from the article that he'd had sex with her three times, and had IM'd her with increasingly sexual notes over time -- so not as badly as I might, otherwise.

I really feel badly for his wife and son.

2 comments:

genderist said...

Eek.

That's awful!

Cerulean Bill said...

What - the event or the results? Or something else?