Friday, April 03, 2009

Comcast and Verizon

Well, we talked to representatives of both.

Comcast actually contacted me out of the blue, which I thought was remarkably generous of them. They weren't able to match the price, though.

Verizon actually answered the phone, and I came this close to agreeing -- until they said that since my TV is old, I'd need a converter box to use their service - which is $7.00 a month, forever, per TV. Doing the math, I thought So, $100 a year for three services, and $84 a year for the damn box? FTBS, as they say.

So since we're not planning on replacing either of the TVs until they die, I'm guessing Comcast wins by default.

2 comments:

Tabor said...

make sure you check on Comcast cause they charge for boxes, remotes, etc. per month.

Cerulean Bill said...

Hmm... I will, but I don't think it'll be an issue, because their channels work with our TV. Now, if we were to spend for HD, I imagine it would be. We're not, of course.

We're not cheap, we're financially conservative. And lately, we've been thinking thats a really good thing.