Monday, September 01, 2008

Subterranean

On the way back from the local Kipona festival (we just went to the arts section, which isn't nearly as kitschy as the rest), we passed construction along the main road. They're widening it, I think.

"Oh, look", I said, "they've started work on the high speed subway that's going to run from Washington to Harrisburg."

My daughter perked up from where she was slumped, reading, in the back seat. "Really? "

I sighed. "No, kiddo, not really. Wish it was." Which then led to a brief discussion of the financial and logistical efficiencies and costs of light rail versus bus. That was fun. Never miss an educational opportunity....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A teachable moment, how nice. I find I remember moments like that a lot better than actually sitting in class and learning about it.

Cerulean Bill said...

I don't search for them, but I like to grab the opportunity. Plus, she gives me unique insights.