Monday, September 15, 2008

Suggestions

I don't like Google Suggest. I can't get rid of it.

I go to their Preferences, I check "Do not provide query suggestions in the search box", I click "Save Preferences", I go back to the main page, and its not functional. Good. And then the next time I come in, its working again. Its like that damn animated paper clip. But I have a workaround.

If I use this as the home page -- www.google.com/webhp?complete=0 -- somehow it disables that option. If I go into Preferences, the damn thing is still selected, but when I'm actually on the main page, its non-functional. Which is how I want it.

Just thought I'd mention that.

2 comments:

Lone Chatelaine said...

Yeah, I've noticed that thing too.

I think Google is taking over the world.

Cerulean Bill said...

But in a totally non-evil way, of course.