Friday, September 26, 2008

Blogger: Getting What You Paid For

When Blogger came up with this Autosave, I thought 'oh, good, every so often I lose the connection, and this will mean that a relatively recent version of what I wrote will still be there when I get reconnected'.

That's never happened. Every time I've had occasion to look, it turns out that Autosave has saved it as it looked after the catastrophe. Just now, for example; I had written three paragraphs, was happy with the way it looked, and then inadvertantly did a control-A (which selected everything) and a single letter (which replaced everything with that letter). Oh, hell, I thought, and immediately got out and back in. Since I did not hit 'save now' , and it had not done so automatically, the text should still (mostly) be there, right? Right?

Yeah. Right.

But you get what you pay for. Blogger's free.

No comments: