Saturday, September 27, 2008

Catching Up

I've been trying to catch up on website reading after spending literally hours on Twitter, reading comments about the candidates (though I had to stop searching on Palin; too much trivial nonsense), and looking at political polls. During the catching up, I found a lot of good articles. Here is one that I came across that I thought pretty interesting. Its a serious but well written piece on the need for and, more important, content of Advanced Directives -- ie, the things that control whether you get resuscitated when you're in a really bad way. It's worth reading.

Also, I read Post Secret for the first time in a while. Thats really a remarkable site. Some -- many --- of the secrets shared are emotionally draining. Some are funny. I like the one about the girls bathroom and the post it notes. Since the blog's page doesn't seem to have history, I'm including it here:

Me and 4 of my friends started putting up our own secrets on the girl's bathroom wall anonymously. We left post-its and pens to see if other girls would write up there own secrets. As the day went on we grew more excited as we saw more and more secrets go up.

No comments: