Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Katie

This afternoon, I saw the wife of the guy who'd been charged with sex with a minor. She was walking back from the bus stop with her son. I sprinted up the hill, trying to appear casual, and said Hi, how are you? And she said she was okay. Which, I'm guessing, isn't true, but we're not close friends, and besides, her young son was with her. So I told her I'd planned to bring brownies over, but wasn't sure if she was there, so now I would. But as I walked away, I heard her son ask who I was, and wondered if he wondered why someone they only lightly knew was bringing them food. Hope not.

I really feel badly for her.

2 comments:

Lone Chatelaine said...

I feel badly for her too, and I don't even know her. What an awful time this must be for her. I hope she has family that is able to support her emotionally.

I'd like to bop her husband on the head with a frying pan a few times.

Cerulean Bill said...

I'm told she does have family in the area. Still...

We'll be bringing those brownies over this afternoon.