Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Quitting Smokin

This must be what it's like to quit smoking.

I say that I'll just look once...or twice...at the Twitter feed for searches on the candidates names. Resolutely, having done it, I turn to something else, or turn the laptop off entirely. I feel good, proud, noble even. I can beat this thing! And then -- well, I'm on the net anyway, let's just take a glance at fivethirtyeight.com...darn, the number hasn't improved...though it hasn't dropped, either, thats a good thing. Huh. Wonder what evote2008 says. And PEF. PEF shows a drop? What the heck? 538 must be the one, the factual one, this one site is a false messiah, I cannot stay here, they lie!

And then I turn off the laptop and go do something. Until the next time.

I can quit smoking whenever I want -- I've done it hundreds of times. --Groucho Marx

No comments: