Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Knotted

Well, I'm a little agitated at the moment -- less than I was, thanks to, um, carbo-loading via Ritz Crackers (sounds so much nicer than saying that I gulped down half a sleeve and then scratched at the crumbs in the bottom) -- so I think I'll do some baking.

Actually, that was the plan yesterday -- I made the dough for some of those great soft pretzels whose recipe I found, I think, on Sugarlaws. The dough didn't feel right, though -- you know how it's supposed to be smooth, relatively supple? This wasn't. I had trouble mixing it; not sure why -- and ran out of time, so I thought 'well, I'll refrigerate it, warm it up tomorrow, and then bake'. Um, no. The dough warmed up okay, but it just didn't look right. So, this morning, I made a new batch, and let it rise while I did some mowing. (It's September. Isn't the grass supposed to have stopped by now?)

And now we'll see what comes of it. At least this, its okay to tie in knots, and even to be a little salty!

4 comments:

Lone Chatelaine said...

I said something about maybe this week being the last week to mow grass the other day, and both my Dad and my brother laughed at me.

Cerulean Bill said...

Why? Do they live in grass-free environments? Or is it because they realize it goes on considerably longer?

Lone Chatelaine said...

Because I hate grass cutting season and it goes on forever here. I was hoping that I wouldn't have to think about it anymore this year.

Cerulean Bill said...

When I lived in Texas (nonhomeowner), I saw people with green asphalton their front lawn. I thought it odd. Don't think that now.