Sunday, June 08, 2008

Fuel

After 9/11, I adopted a slogan -- NNIGN -- No News Is Good News. I was getting burned out in reading about what had happened, who did it, what was going to happen. There was a lot of information, and a lot of fear-mongering - some warranted, some not. I'm starting to get to that point about the price of fuel.

Every time I turn to a news source, there's more bad news. I don't need to regurgitate it here -- you've undoubtedly seen it yourself. After a while, I begin to think: whats the point of being up to date on this? What it is is what it is. I don't have to like it, but I don't have to dwell on it, either. Similarly, I don't have to think about missed opportunities for mass transit, communications infrastructure, or greasy people getting even richer. It is what it is. Worrying won't fix it.

I'm just not going to think about it, and I'm not going to listen to news about it. Until the news says that the speculators have been caught and are undergoing ritual disembowelment, I really don't need to know. I'll save my concern for the things I can fix.

1 comment:

Lone Chatelaine said...

I think those speculator guys you mentioned a few weeks ago are about to go under the knife. Even the king of Saudi Arabia is looking their way.