Thursday, June 26, 2008

GotFlix

Went to the flicks, and learned two things.

First, based on the promo, the new Will Ferrell movie, Stepbrothers, is so incredibly bad, I made my self a promise to never, ever see anything by him, just so that I don't accidentally come across anything this egregiously awful. I'd sooner lick Dick Cheney's armpit.

Second, Get Smart is a funny movie, with a good actor playing the lead. He did a nice job, and his chemistry with Anne Hathaway was excellent. I liked the bad guys (I really liked the short henchman), too. Well worth it.

========
Update: One, tiny, problem. That catchy theme keeps running through my head!

2 comments:

Faye said...

Thanks for your critique on both movies. I don't like Will Ferrell either. I'll be sure to watch Get Smart....nothing like flashback :)

Cerulean Bill said...

I think Ferrell's done some funny stuff, but this - this was the drunk teenage boy idea of humour.

As for Smart, not all remakes of TV shows work. I'd bet most don't. These guys were believable, though. Some holes in the plot that I gladly overlooked. First movie in a long time where I thought 'Its over?? So soon??'