Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Rats, Crats

My sister in law is a government bureaucrat -- a fairly important one, as these things go. She is arranging to hold a family reunion at her home. Two of her sisters have been urging her to get a move on, already in terms of renting a tent, hiring a caterer, and so forth, and slowly, she has done that.

Last night, while we were out, she called to tell us that she had sent us an email about it. She told my daughter that she would call back again today to confirm the -- well, I'm not sure what, actually. My wife and I joked that she would send us a fax to tell us that she would call later to confirm the email... and that we were lucky we never told her about our IM setup, or she'd be pinging us on that to let us know about the fax.

'crats.

No comments: