Sunday, June 15, 2008

Motoring

We were in the mood to go out this evening, either for a walk -- it was about 83 degrees -- or a drive. We chose the latter, headed down towards Gettysburg, and then back. What was odd was that we specifically chose the comfort of the van over the economy of the Prius -- and even then, kept an eye on mileage, which turned out to be just about half of what the Prius gets. We care about mileage -- but we're not going insane over it. At least, not yet.

Tomorrow my daughter's going to a pool party hosted by the father of one of the girls in color guard. I told her that I did not intend to hang around, but that I would if there were no other adults there. She grimaced and asked if I would consider people who could drive as being 'adults' -- the local driving age is, I believe, 16. I told her I would. My wife isn't too thrilled about that. My feeling is that I'd rather have adults there, but we'll see how it looks when I get there. Its not a question of trusting my daughter -- its a question of trusting everybody else.

According to the New York Times, some gay couples that got married are now finding that marriage wasn't a good idea. Others that didn't get married now think they should have. For some, one wants to get married, and one does not. And for still others, both chose not to get married, and are happy with that. What was that about being worried that this would destroy marriage? These people are - GASP - just like us!

No comments: