Thursday, June 12, 2008

Stray Observations

Some people have really interesting names for their websites. This morning, I came across one called Monkeys And Princesses. Pretty nifty. It's written by someone who lives in Texas. Seems pretty nice. I lived there for a while, but I don't think I met them.

When I said the bread didn't rise satisfactorily, I didn't mean it didn't rise at all. It rose about an inch. I'm guessing it should have risen about three to four inches. Its still pretty good stuff, though.

I'm enjoying reading Debateable Space. If you read the reviews of it on Amazon, it sounds pretty awful, and maybe to serious readers, it is. But to me, its great summertime reading -- and when you're retired, its always summertime. Well, attitudinally.

I feel like taking a walk, but its about 90 degrees out. Perhaps not. My wife and I did take one this morning. We talked about whether we're really going to stay in this house. I'm guessing we will... but I'm still not sure. I think if we had a) an elevator and b) a groundscrew, we would, no question. The first is doable. The second, not. We could get a John Deere tractor with a snow blade and a mower attachment. That'd be about, oh, sixty percent more power than we'd routinely need.

I see where Obama's folks have set up a web site to counter rumours about him. I can't see as it will be all that effective. Then again, I so brilliantly called his eventual successes before, I can't lay claim to any great insight. Still wish I knew why anyone would vote for McCain. It certainly can't be his economic policy or his foreign affairs thoughts. All I can think of is, they just like him. See him as 'one of them'. Oh, man -- thats the reason lots of people voted for Bush.

2 comments:

Farazila said...

hye bill..
thanks visiting my blog..
keep in touch..
maybe u did not understand my language rite..

Cerulean Bill said...

Not too well, no -- but I did understand 'happy birthday'!