Saturday, June 28, 2008

Clockin'

One of the three things I liked about the hotel room last night was the clock. Unfortunately, I realized that I liked it when I was half asleep, and so I didn't notice the maker's name.

The face of the clock was almost bright enough to be a nightlight -- not enough to read by, by any means, but enough to give a soft glow to the room. What was terrific was that the display was LCD -- unlike the Sony Clock/Radio I have right now, which has red LEDs for the time (I have a bit of a problem reading red on black), this was black letter on that white glow. Very cool. If I could find that clock, or better yet, a clock/radio with MP3 input -- I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Oh, battery backup needed, too.

The other two things I liked? Weird looking halogen light pods sticking right out of the headboard. Not totally well designed -- the on/off switch was up at the bad, not on the nozzle where the bulb was -- but awesome in terms of reading in bed. My wife's not bothered by lamps, or I'd be looking for these two jewels, too.

But the clock, you bet. This MP3 playing/SD card compatible/LCD alarm clock looks interesting....

2 comments:

STAG said...

The railway museum at Baltimore is second to none in the world.

Cerulean Bill said...

There's a railway museum?