Monday, June 09, 2008

Hot Fun and Chocolate

...in the summer time. Well, hot, anyway. There will be drilling and blasting and whatnot going on -- the crew who will in theory be replacing the front steps to the house called a bit ago to say that they'd be here today -- gee, guys, thanks for the warning -- and across the street, guys from a local paving company are ripping up a driveway to be repaved. We'd had that done by the same folks awhile back; afterwards, I kind - of wished we'd done something slick with it, such as putting in paving stones and the like. The closest we came was to have a length of PVC pipe run horizontally across it, about six inches down, should we ever need to run cable there. That's assuming we even remember where the pipe was put in.

Not many comments lately. Guess everyone's at the beach.

My daughter's already left for color guard practice. We'll be picking her up in two hours to go to an eye doc appointment, and then, probably, out to lunch somewhere. I imagine she'll be willing to be seen with us so long as none of her friends are around. I was a little surprised that she didn't want to see any movies this weekend -- I know that she wants to see the Narnia flick, though, as I say, not with us -- but perhaps its no fun to do it alone. Her grades are available for pickup today. I told my wife that I'd just as soon have them mailed, because if they're bad news, it'll tick me off, and if its good news, it can wait.

Weird dreams last night. I don't recall the details, but part of it was having to re-frost, with chocolate icing, a series of books that were in the wrong order. O-kay.....

2 comments:

Lone Chatelaine said...

Your dreams sound like mine. I have the weirdest dreams...things like "grooming" the front yard with a nail file. Just odd.

Contractors always seem to just call and say they'll be there in a few minutes. No warning whatsoever. I think they don't want to make any commitments, but would rather just see what kind of mood they're in when they wake up that day.

Cerulean Bill said...

If I lived in California, I'd say they were checking their astrological predictions, or simply seeing whether they're aligned with the flow. As it is, its pretty clear that we're a fill-in job -- the guy just came, talked to us a bit, and left. I hope we see him again. We HAVE had contractors show up, nod and smile, and disappear forever.