Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Tuesday, Too

A slightly unusual morning.

My wife was asked yesterday to participate in a disaster recovery drill which had been scheduled for quite some time, but which didn't have a systems person assigned, and she agreed. She likes doing them, both for the competence that they engender (a lot of things, you don't really know until you get the chance to play with them) and because its another small flag she can wave when they're looking for people to fire (its not much of a defense, but it's something).

As it turns out, she was on the call all night (and still is). I woke up around 6:30, heard her talking, and thought, groggily, well, I guess she's not going into the office today.

And snapped awake when I realized: And neither am I.

Strange feeling.

No comments: