Thursday, June 14, 2007

Solving It

I've mentioned on more than one occasion how I like to look at accidents like this one and try to figure out how I'd resolve it, should I have had the responsibility for doing so. This image can be found on the Dark Roasted Blend web site, along with many others of the same genre.
.
I think that the solution here is essentially the same as for the car that was driven off the dock and partially onto the upper deck of a boat - stabilize it to the dock, get a crane next to it, hoist it. In fact, it makes me think that there might be a whole category of recovery that could be described as 'its not (too) damaged, its in a precarious location, if we can retrieve it we can save it.'

Any thoughts?

2 comments:

Rach said...

Hmm .. bring in a crane?

Cerulean Bill said...

Yeah, I think so -- but I would bet the first step is stabilizing it, so that if those steps go, the car doesn't go with them.