Monday, June 25, 2007

No Rithmatic

Reading and Riding, though, yeah.

Reading: Chapter two in Warped Passages; chapter three in The Audacity of Hope. WPs not impenetrable, though every so often her attempt to makes things transparent falls flat. TAOH is consistantly engaging -- you can hear his voice. I have to stop every so often and question it, just to keep from being seduced by its reasonability.

Riding: Now that I know why I fell off the damn bike, I'm a little more aware of what to look for -- though its still going to be weird, first time I have to get off without something to 'fall against' (which I did, intentionally, last night -- put the bike next to the workbench and then got on/got off -- and was amazed to find myself tipping over, only stopping when I hit the bench). This makes me feel creaky, I have to say -- but I do like the bike.

The marinara was okay, nothing great. Next time: puree instead of chopped tomato; more garlic, onion. And I'll add the salt and pepper, which I intentionally did not do, this time.

This morning I make two runs into the town -- one to bring my daughter to her summer drama camp, and one to pick up my mother from an appointment. Ah, this hectic life!

2 comments:

Rach said...

I"m sure you'll get the knack of dismounting your bike soon. It just takes practice. The first time I rode a bike since childhood, I found myself not brave enough to make a sharp corner .. but it's all come back to me now.

Cerulean Bill said...

Dismounting is easy....as long as you're next to something soft!